Delhi University (UG) Admissions for the academic year 2019-20, have finally commenced on 30th May 2019. This year, the University of Delhi is accepting admission on merit-basis as well as on the basis of the entrance test exam. As per an update on the official website, the University of Delhi would be conducting entrance test for selecting deserving candidates from 30th June 2019 onwards till 6th July 2019. There are overall 12 courses for which the entrance exam will be conducted. Out of the 12 course, for 9 courses, online entrance test will be conducted by DU. For other courses namely B.A. (Hons.) Music, and, B.Sc. (Physical Education, Health Education & Sports), aspirant need to appear for the practical test (trials).
The courses for which an aspirant needs to prepare for the entrance are as under:
1. B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics [BA(H)BE]
2. Bachelor of Management Studies [BMS]
3. Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis) [BBA(FIA)]
4. B. Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations) [BTech(IT&MI)]
5. B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences [BA(H)HSS]
6. Bachelor of Elementary Education [B.El.Ed]
7. Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports [BSc(PE,HE&S)]
8. B.A. (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication [BA(H)MMC]
9. Five Year Integrated Programme in Journalism [FYIPJ]
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been entrusted the responsibility of conducting JAT (Joint Admission Test), i.e. the UG entrance test on behalf of DU for admissions to entrance based undergraduate courses.
In order to be eligible to appear for the entrance test, candidates need to fill the online forms released on the online portal of Delhi University (du.ac.in). The DU Online applications form registration commenced on 30th May 2019 and will continue till 14th June 2019.
Direct Link to fill the DU Online Application form: UG Admissions 2019
DU Entrance Exam Pattern for various courses
The exam pattern for various UG courses will be mentioned as under:
Aspirants preparing for the courses offered by Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Humanities such as:
- B.A. (Hons.) Business Economics,
- Bachelor of Management Studies, and,
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
Need to prepare for the entrance exam as per the test pattern mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: Online (computer-based)
- Duration of the exam: 02 hours
- Type of Questions: Objective (MCQs)
- No. of Questions: 100
- Sections covered in the online exam: The questions will be based on quantitative ability, reasoning and analytical ability, general English, and business and general awareness.
- Marking Scheme: +4 for correct answer; -1 for incorrect option